Sunday, March 15, 2015

Day 3 Reflections: Austin

We did see St. Peter's. And yes, it hit Brandon pretty hard if you read his post. I can confirm that. Father Johnson was trying to get us to turn around for the picture, and it took him a while to actually get us to turn around. Here's the picture 
I can remember my feelings exactly. I was kinda trying to smile but I couldn't shake of the awe. It was unreal. I mean, St. Peter's has been my computer background for months and for it to come alive to me was overwhelming. I'm so lucky to be able to see it. We waited an hour to be in there for 10 minutes (because we had to leave for the Angelus), but it was so worth it. How could anyone build something so great?

The best decision I made all day was to go with Toan to his Holy Hour at St. Ignatius Church. Some things have to be experienced to understand. And I'm not one to talk, but what happened their was something entirely different and holy and new. Mr. Romano took a great picture.

Is it a cliché to say that I learned a lot about myself in that hour? About pain mostly. Thats something else I can't explain, but there was crying. We all have so much to learn, it's unbelievable. I prayed for all of you today. Thank you for keeping up with us. And please, we're only human, we need your prayers.


Top of Gesu Church






No comments:

Post a Comment