Monday, March 9, 2015

Meet Our Pilgrims: Martin Montalvo

Hello, I am Martin Montalvo, Junior at Strake Jesuit. The fire in my discerning process initially sparked back in lower school when I would go to Mass with my family. I remember looking at the priest celebrating Mass, imagining myself doing the same actions, and going to sleep dreaming about it. My true love for God, though, came about when I moved to a different middle school my 7th grade year. This new school was founded mainly by people of Opus Dei and was taught by people associated with it. They greatly influenced my passion towards Christ, making me want to learn more about Him. After learning and understanding about what Christ said and did for us, I wanted to do the very same thing. If there were any way in which I could learn more about God and serve as Christ did, I would do so. Thus, my fire for becoming a priest grew. Being able to understand more about God and trying to help out anyone in any way I can brings me great joy. 

1 comment: